By Tina Hayward
In this 38 page booklet dedicated to her dad, Tina begins with a brief history of her family’s roots in East Suffolk. This is followed by sections on the history of the property, the workings of Brick Kiln works. This is followed by the cottage’s owners and occupiers from John Barthrop owner in 1805 to Tina.
The booklet is very well illustrated throughout with images of family and renovation work undertaken in 1980s. The volume concludes with a personal account of her time as Custodian of this historical property from 1983 to present.
Tina finished with her thanks to friends Tim Holmes and Ray Whitehand for their efforts in the research and production of this important piece of local history. The 38 page A5 booklet can be purchased for £5.95 plus £2 toward p&p. by clicking the button below: